Low Fat Hummus! - Vegan, Plant-based, gluten free, low fat, oil free!




INGREDIENTS

1 can salted chickpeas 
1-2 clove garlic (I use 2, optional)
3-4 TB lemon juice (I use 4, but what you don't use replace with water as desired)
3-4 tb water  (Depends on consistency desired)
.5-1tb tahini or omit if you want it very low fat ( I prefer .5)
Sumac - sprinkle generously on top!

"salt" These ingredients are optional but adds a tastiness.
1/2t miso 
1/4t soy sauce 
pinch all purpose seasoning*,  
1/8t liquid smoke (optional)



* I use masterfoods reduced salt of which ingredients include: Rice Flour, Sugar, Salt 12%, Onion 10%, Garlic 6%, Paprika 6%, Pepper 4%, Celery Seed, Coriander Seed, Cumin, Nutmeg, Yeast Extract, Cardamom, Clove, Chilli, Vegetable Oil, Colour (Paprika Oleoresin).



METHOD:
Put all ingredients in a food processor. 
Blend away until smooth! 
Garnish with sumac (cover the entire top if you like the taste like I do, I left it plain for photographic purposes but after the photo I covered the lot!)
Eat! You can use this instead of mayo in my Potato Salad recipe!

Comments